The energy audit, as part of a plan of energy management, allows a diagnosis in the energy situation of the company. Hereafter, it is possible to reach a few aims in terms of:
- saving energy
- Reducing the energetic cost
- Increasing the competitiveness of the company
Our experience confirms that reductions of 8% in the energy cost can be obtained without doing new investments in most occasions.
As part of the audit, many issues are analyzed and discussed with the supplier companies and the consignees of sold energy. These issues include the contracts of acquisition and sale of energy, the consumed fuels and electric power and the thermal energies and electricity which have been sold. The main objective is to optimize the energy costs through price discussion.
After the accomplishment of the energy audit, an action program (Plan of Energy management) is necessary to keep the reached levels of energy efficiency.
The stages of an energy audit are:
- Systematic information collection: about processes design, consumptions (measurements), measuring equipments, the conditions of suppliers contracting and of the energy surpluses, etc.
- Analysis of the energy current situation
- Assessment of the consumption needs and the features of the energy brought into play in every process. “ABC” selection of the processes depending on energy criteria.
- Comparative Analysis of the current or referent energy situation and the real needs in the process.
- Fixation of the aims in terms of consumption and energy efficiency in every process classified as A or B.
- Establishment of general measures for cost reduction in “C” processes
- Analysis and discussion of the contracts of acquisition and sale of energies. Optimization of quantities and unitary prices.
- Adoption of the necessary measures to achieve the aims of cost reduction and diminishing energy consumption
- Follow-up and control of new consumptions
- Follow-up and control of the energy invoices
As result of the accomplishment of an energy audit, it will be possible to reach the fixed aims. In addition, the following additional benefits will be also obtained.
- Detailed knowledge of the energy costs and its temporary distribution
- Motivation of the personnel in the efficient use of energy
- Improvement of the environmental impact of the activity
- Improvement of the quality of the products and / or services
- Improvement in the facilities maintenance